Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Big Family

 This was an ambitious family portrait, to say the least! My mother had been talking about doing something like this for the last few years- "more lifestyle-y", she said. "Just everyone hanging out," she said. So, when we were at my sister's house in Massachusetts over Thanksgiving, I set the camera up on a tripod, gave everyone their designated locations and activity assignments, and shot about 8 frames on a timer.
 We may not always be sitting down in one room together, but hanging out playing cards, playing Scrabble, reading magazines, and chit-chatting, is all pretty true to form!
Clockwise from the left is: Brett Hartmann, Hurley Lewis-Hartmann, Amanda Lewis, Elizabeth Lewis, Candy Lewis, Tom Springer, Lou Lewis, Annabel Springer, Will Springer, Jim Guest, Andrew Guest, Lilly Springer, Claire Guest, Heath Hartmann, and Charlotte Jenks Lewis.
This was shot with a Nikon 35mm, 3200 speed film, f4 at 1/15th of a second. On tripod.

2 comments:

  1. Terrific idea Charlotte. The ensemble photograph is always a challenge. I think you pulled it off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liz! I love that you read my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete